Vivo is gradually making great strides in the smartphone industry. With the kind of smartphones this company is producing, it is beginning to rub shoulders with some of the giants already. Recently, Vivo announced another addition to its Y series product line, the Vivo Y20. Allow us to show you the price, specs, and key features of this device in this post.
Price of Vivo Y20 in Nigeria
The Vivo Y20 is yet to arrive on the shores of Nigeria. Notwithstanding, we have decided to check the figures available online to come up with a price estimate for this device. Based on our research, we believe that the Vivo Y20 should cost between N58,000 and N70,000 when it enters the Nigerian market.
Vivo Y20 Specs at a Glance
- Launched: 2020, August 26
- Size: 4 x 76.3 x 8.4 mm (6.47 x 3.00 x 0.33 in)
- Number of SIMs: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Networks: 2G (GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2), 3G (HSPA 850 / 900 / 2100), 4G (LTE 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41), 5G (No)
- Operating system: Android 10, Funtouch 10.5
- Display size: 51 inches, 102.3 cm2(~81.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display type: IPS LCD
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio
- PPI density: 270 ppi density
- CPU: Octa-core (4×1.8 GHz Kryo 240 & 4×1.6 GHz Kryo 240)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM4250 Snapdragon 460 (11 nm)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- RAM: 3GB, 4GB, and 6GB
- Internal memory: 64GB
- Memory card: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main camera: 13 MP, f/2.2, (wide), PDAF 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro) 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Camera features: LED flash, HDR
- Video specs: [email protected]
- Selfie camera: 8 MP, f/1.8, (wide)
- Selfie video specs: [email protected]
- Earphone jack: Yes
- Speaker: Yes
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- USB: MicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Radio: FM Radio
- NFC: No
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Bluetooth: 0, A2DP, LE
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Battery type: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
- Colors: Obsidian Black, Dawn White, Purist Blue
Vivo Y20 Review
Vivo released the Vivo Y20 sometime in 2020. After assessing this device, we can conveniently tell you that it falls into the mid-range category. Is this smartphone what spending on? Well, we will look at the features that this smartphone presents in this section to find out.
Display and Design
For most smartphone companies, investing in the display and design of their devices is paramount. This is because people get to see these parts first and they don’t have a second chance to make a first impression. So does Vivo do justice to the Vivo Y20 in terms of the display and design?
This smartphone is manufactured from premium plastic material. It is actually a 2.5D material that is polished properly to look very attractive. Vivo always does a very good job with the designs of its devices so that they end up looking unique. Looking at it from this angle, the company does a good job with the Y20.
There are several things that we love about the design of the Vivo Y20. First, this device is very light weighing just 192 grams. Of course, it is not the lightest on the market, but it will do just fine considering the price range. More than the weight, we like the ergonomic design of this smartphone and the way it sits perfectly in the palm. Once you grip it, you are almost assured that it wouldn’t fall out of your palm easily.
What else do we like about the design of this device? The color options. This device comes in 3 different color options, purist blue, dawn white, and obsidian black. Regardless of the color that you choose, you are assured that the device will remain very attractive.
Let’s check out what Vivo places in front of this smartphone. The Vivo Y20 features an IPS LCD screen that measures 6.51 inches. It also promises an HD+ resolution of 1600 x 720 pixels along with an aspect ratio of 20:9. It features a PPI density of 270 PPI. All of these put together assures users of a high-quality visual experience.
Lest we forget, Vivo equips this device with the “Halo FullView Display.” This display is bigger than what you have in most smartphones in the same category. With this and the new in-cell technology, you can rest assured of a more immersive and colorful display. It also comes with an Eye Protection feature to filter harmful blue light and protect your eyes all through the day.
Cameras are among the most important deciding factors when choosing smartphones. Usually, Vivo is known for equipping its devices with top-notch cameras. However, after inspecting the camera of the Vivo Y20, we don’t think the manufacturers did so much justice.
The rear camera module features a triple camera setup. Its primary camera comes with 13 megapixels which are very low compared to devices in the same price category. The other cameras within the camera module, the macro lens, and the bokeh camera all feature 2 megapixels each.
To make up for the low quality of the camera, Vivo equips the camera with several features. They include Portrait Light and Face Beauty effects along with several filters. Vivo places an 8-megapixels camera in the front of this device.
Software and Hardware
When it comes to performance, Vivo does a great job with the Y20 smartphone. It comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset that is based on an octa-core processor. With this, users are assured of high performance and speed regardless of the number of apps running simultaneously.
This device comes with three RAM variants, 3GB, 4GB, and 6GB. All the RAM variants are accompanied by an internal storage memory of 128GB. Finally, on the performance, this device runs on the Android 10 operating system.
This is where we think that Vivo outdid itself with the Vivo Y20. It equips this device with a 5000mAh battery that supports 18 watts fast charging.