30 August 1968, Egypt
Ayman Lotfy (born August 30, 1968, Cairo, Egypt) is an Egyptian fine art photographer.
In 1991, Ayman Lotfy graduated from the faculty of arts at the Ain Shams University. Lotfy started his career route as a fashion designer and stepped forward to become a professional art director in 1996. In 1998, Lotfy launched his journey to the world of photography with the aim of enhancing his work as an art designer.
Career and posts
Lotfy is the Middle East Region Director of Photographic Society of America (RDPSA) since 2007. He earned Fine Art Photography Associateship of The Malta Institute of Professional Photography (AMIPP) in 2010, the Fine Art Photography and got his Fellow ship in Fine Art Photography in 2014 (FMIPP) – Associateship of the Society of Wedding & Portrait Photographers in 2010, and Egyptian Association for Photography.
HONORARY FELLOW ICS-HON.F.ICS “The Image Colleague Society, International.USA
Ayman Lotfy mixes different tools of staging, painting, and lighting to produce fine art photographs and videos. He utilizes the technological trends in digital photography with careful filtering choices. Lotfy also integrates photography and videos with large three-dimensional installations as in his work The search for salvation, which presented at the La Biennale di Venezia in 2010, and The Game at the Why not? Exhibition in The Palace of Arts-Opera House-Cairo in 2009.
Selected exhibits and awards
- 2013 – THE HIDDEN – Experimental Photography, Crete, GREECE.
- 2012 – Romania Art of Photography (Bibliotheca Alexandrina) with Teodor Pantea.
- 2011 – 2009 A Geminate, Experimental Photography, Video Performance & Installation at Gezira Art Centers, Cairo,Egypt.
- 2009 – Body Art Photography Exhibition with fine Art Photography Lecture – Malta
- 2009 – Gemini, Fine Art Photography & Performance Art, Al Gezira Art Centers, Cairo, Egypt.
- 2006 – The Other Side of Faces, Body painting Photography Exhibition, El Sawy Culture Center, Cairo, Egypt.
Selected exhibits and awards include
- 2005: Bronze Medal at the Venice International Photo Contests, Italy.
- 2006: Triereneberg Super Circuit, Austria.
- 2007: Honorable Mention at the Venice International Photo Contest, Italy.
- 2007: Photo Exhibition in Nepal.
- 2008: Grand Photography Master Award at the China Jinan Contemporary International Photography Biennale, China
- 2009: The Body Art in Malta
- 2009: Torino International Book Fair in Italy
- 2010: Best Photography Award at the China Jinan Contemporary International Photography Biennale, China
- 2010: Bronze Pinhole Award at the China Jinan Contemporary International Photography Biennale, China
- 2010: Qilo International Photography Award at the China Jinan Contemporary International Photography Biennale, China
- 2010: Gold Medal of Excellence at the Experimental Photography Trierenberg Super Circuit in Austria
- 2010: 12th Cairo International Biennale in Egypt
- 2013 HONORARY FELLOW ICS-HON.F.ICS “The Image Colleague Society, International.USA
- “Second International University Students Photography Art Exhibition”. 2008 China Jinan Contemporary International Photography Biennial. Archived from the original on 28 July 2011. Retrieved 25 March 2011.
- “济南双年展介绍”. Show China 看中国-2008济南国际双年展-. Archived from the original on 3 October 2011. Retrieved 25 March 2011.
- “Results 2010”. Trierenberg Super Circuit. Retrieved 25 March 2011.
- “Ayman Lotfy”. 12th International Cairo Biennale. Archived from the original on 11 September 2011. Retrieved 25 March 2011.
Lotfy’s artworks are featured in public places as the :
2012 – Panoramic Photography 1.5×4.5 m in the New African Union Addis Ababa – Ethiopia.
2011 – Photography & Painting Panorama – El Hanager Sealing (2500 Sq2) Cairo Opera House.
2010 – Alexandria Panorama 14 X 3 m (Egyptian Pavilion – Expo Shanghai China).
2009 – Other Live: 2 Fine Art Photography, Alexandria Library entrance (Bibliotheca Alexandria).
2008 – People of the World: 14 Photography & Body painting Artwork, New Cairo International Airport, Terminal 3.
- Lotfy,Ayman (ed.) (2011). A Geminate- Experimental Photography
- Lofty, Ayman (ed.) (2009). Fine Art Photography. Cairo: Alamia Publishing & Advertising. ISBN 978-600-02-1344-2.
- Lofty, Ayman (ed.) (2006). The other side of faces. Cairo: Alamia Publishing & Advertising.
- Articles published in Photographic Society of America Journal
- Ayman Lotfy. Art photography. PSA Journal; August 2008.
- Ayman Lotfy. Body Painting. PSA Journal; July 2009.
- Egyptian Art (Fenon Masria )
- MIPP Magazine
- Lotfy, Ayman (August 2008). “Art Photography” (PDF). PSA Journal. Retrieved 25 March 2011.
- Lotfy, Ayman (July 2009). “Art Photography” (PDF). PSA Journal. Retrieved 25 March 2011.