Quick Facts About Bernard
|Birth Name||Bernard Anicio Caldeira Duarte|
|Place Of Birth||Belo Horizonte, Brazil|
|Girl Friend||Caroline Primola|
|Height||5 ft. 5 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Source of Wealth||Football Career|
|Net Worth||£46 Million|
Bernard Anicio Caldeira Duarte professionally known as Bernard and Bernard Duarte is a Brazilian professional football player who plays as a winger for Premier League club Everton and the Brazilian national team. He started playing football from the youth team of Comercial EC do Barreiro in 1997 and played until 2006. In 2006, he joined the youth system of Atletico Mineiro and began his professional career from there. In 2010, he was loaned to Democrata FC to play in Campeonato Mineiro Third level. There he became the top goalscorer at Democrata (14 goals in only 16 games) and returned to Atletico after the end of the loan. On 23 March 2011, he made his Atletico Mineiro senior team debut. On 21 May 2011, he made his Serie A debut. On 8 August 2013, he joined Shakhtar Donetsk on a five-year deal for a reported €25 million and made his debut for the club on 31 August 2013. On 9 August 2018, he joined English club Everton on a free transfer for a four-year deal with the Premier League side. He made his debut for the club on 25 August 2018. Since joining Everton he has made more than 60 appearances and scored more than 5 goals for the team.
On the international level, he made his international team debut on 21 November 2012. He was part of the Brazilian squad which won the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup and reached the 2014 FIFA World Cup semi-finals on home soil.
What is Bernard Famous For?
- Being a professional football player.
- Won the 2012, 2013 Campeonato Mineiro with Atletico Mineiro.
- Won the 2013 Copa Libertadores with Atletico Mineiro.
- Won 2013-14, 2016-17, 2017-18 Ukrainian League with Shakhtar Donetsk.
- Won 2014, 2015, 2017 Ukrainian Super Cup with Shakhtar Donetsk.
- Won 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18 Ukrainian Cup with Shakhtar Donetsk.
- Won the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup with Brazil.
Where is Bernard From?
Bernard was born on 8 September 1992. His birth name is Bernard Anicio Caldeira Duarte. His birthplace is Belo Horizonte, Brazil. He was born to his mother, Nelia Duarte, and father, Delio Duarte. He holds Brazilian nationality. His horoscope sign is Virgo.
Bernard Football Career Timeline
- He started playing football from the youth team of Comercial EC do Barreiro in 1997 and played until 2006.
- In 2006, he joined the youth system of Atletico Mineiro and began his professional career from there.
- In 2010, he was loaned to Democrata FC to play in Campeonato Mineiro Third level. There he became the top goalscorer at Democrata (14 goals in only 16 games).
- He then returned to Atletico after the end of the loan period.
- On 23 March 2011, he made his Atletico Mineiro senior team debut against Uberaba, playing in the right-back position due to the squad’s injury crisis at the time. He then returned to youth squads, scoring the winning goal of the Taca Belo Horizonte de Juniores.
- On 21 May 2011, he made his Serie A debut against Atletico Paranaense.
- In his first season, he appeared 23 times for Galo (19 starts, 1794 minutes overall).
- On 29 January 2012, he scored his first professional goal against Boa Esporte.
- On 23 June 2012, he scored his first Serie A goal in a 5-1 routing against Nautico.
- From 2010-2013, he has made 62 appearances and scored 12 goals for the club and also won the two Campeonato Mineiro and one Copa Libertadores with Atletico Mineiro.
- On 8 August 2013, he joined Shakhtar Donetsk on a five-year deal for a reported €25 million.
- He made his debut for the club in a 1-1 draw with FC Metalist Kharkiv on 31 August 2013, coming on as a substitute for Douglas Costa.
- There he was chosen as one of the top 11 South American players in 2013 by the Spanish newspaper El Pais.
- Commenting on the 2014 Ukrainian Revolution, he stated that he was willing to leave Shakhtar if the situation intensified, and had made arrangements for a potential emergency exit. His contract expired at the end of the 2017-18 season, and he became a free agent.
- From 2013-2018, he has made 96 appearances and scored 14 goals for the club and also won the three Ukrainian League, Ukrainian Super Cup, and Ukrainian Cup with Shakhtar Donetsk.
- On 9 August 2018, he joined English club Everton on a free transfer for a four-year deal with the Premier League side.
- On 25 August 2018, he made his Everton debut in a 2-2 drawn with AFC Bournemouth, replacing Theo Walcott for the final five minutes.
- On 5 January 2019, he scored his first goal for Everton in a 2-1 win over Lincoln City in the FA Cup 3rd round.
- On 30 March 2019, he scored his first Premier League goal in a 0-2 victory against West Ham United.
- On 10 February 2021, he scored the winning goal in a 5-4 win over Tottenham Hotspur after extra-time in the 2020-21 FA Cup 5th round tie.
- Since joining Everton he has made more than 60 appearances and scored more than 5 goals for the team.
Bernard International Career
- On 11 September 2012, he received his first call up for Brazil national team to the Superclascio de las Americas.
- On 21 November 2012, he made his debut for Brazil in the 2nd leg of the 2012 Superclascio de las Americas as a 74th-minute substitute for Lucas Marques, where the Seleco won the title on penalties.
- He was part of the Brazilian squad which won the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup and reached the 2014 FIFA World Cup semi-finals on home soil.
- Since his debut for the national team, he has made more than 10 caps for his country.
Looking at his personal life, Bernard is not married. However, the Brazilian star is not single. He is reportedly dating a beautiful girl name, Caroline Primola. He has not shared many details about his relationship status. He maintains a private life. Any updates on his love life will be updated here.
Bernard stands at a height of 1.66m i.e. 5 feet and 5 inches tall. He has a bodyweight of 60kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color and hair color are dark browns. His sexual orientation is straight.
Bernard Salary and Net Worth
Bernard earns from his professional career as a football player. His income is from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. As of 2021, his estimated net worth of £46 million, and his salary is £6.2 million. In 2013, he joined Shakhtar Donetsk on a five-year deal for a reported €25 million. In 2018, he joined Everton on a free transfer. Today, he has got a market value of around £16.2 million.
Did You Know?
- He started playing football at the age of 4.
- On 14 September 2011, Atletico’s president Alexandre Kalil rejected a £3.4 million bid from Al Ahil Doha for him.
- In December 2012, Alexandre Kalil again rejected a £9.8 million offer from Spartak Moscow for him.
- He wears shirt number 20 for Everton.