Quick Facts About Laura Berman
|Celebrated Name||Laura Berman|
|Birth Name||Laura Berman|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Famous For||Host of “In the Bedroom with Dr. Laura Berman”|
|Father||Irwin Ralph Berman|
|Mother||Linda Friedman Berman|
|Sisters||Dr. Jennifer Berman|
|College / University||University of Vermont|
|University||New York University|
|Education||Master’s degree in clinical social work and a doctorate in health education|
|Son||Ethan, Sam(died at age of 16) and Jackson.|
|Net Worth||$35 million|
|Source of Wealth||As Host of shows, author of books|
|Body Measurement||34-25-35 inches|
|Bra Cup Size||34 B|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
Laura Berman is an American relationship therapist and TV host who is well known for her work as the host of “In the Bedroom with Dr. Laura Berman” on the Oprah Winfrey Network(OWN). Her other acclaimed works include “Berman & Berman” and “Meet the Fockers”. She even hosts her own nationally syndicated radio program titled “Uncovered with Dr. Laura Berman” and is also a regular guest on “The Dr. Oz Show”.
Furthermore, she is also a sex educator and author who previously has starred in Showtime’s reality TV series, “Sexual Healing”. Recently, her 16 years old son, Sam died on Feb 7, 2021, the reason for the death his parents believed it to be fentanyl-laced Xanax or Percocet which he bought from a drug dealer on Snapchat and were delivered to his house.
Besides, she is active on social media sites with over 37k followers on Instagram: @drlauraberman and over 72k followers on Twitter: @DrLauraBerman.
What is Laura Berman Famous for?
- Famous as a popular host and therapist.
Where is Laura Berman From?
Laura Berman was born on October 24, 1969, in the United States. Her birth name is Laura Berman. Her nationality is American. Berman belongs to the White ethnicity while Scorpio is her zodiac sign.
Laura Berman was born as one of the daughters of her parents; Irwin Ralph Berman(father) and Linda Friedman Berman(mother). She grew up in her hometown along with her sister, Dr. Jennifer Berman, who is a urologist and expert in the field of female sexual dysfunction.
Together the sisters have authored the book titled “FOR WOMEN ONLY: A Revolutionary Guide for Reclaiming your Sex Life”.
She attended the University of Vermont from where she received her undergraduate degree during which she was also a member of the Alpha Chi Omega sorority.
Later, she attended New York University from where she graduated obtaining a master’s degree in clinical social work and a doctorate in health education specializing in human sexuality. She further went on to complete a training fellowship in sexual therapy with the Department of Psychiatry, New York University Medical Center.
Laura Berman’s Career Highlights
- Laura Berman began her career initially as an assistant clinical professor of obstetrics and gynecology and psychiatry at the Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University.
- She is even the director and founder of the Berman Institute in Chicago.
- She has written many books on the context of love, sex, and relationships including the New York Times best-selling books “Real Sex for Real Women: Intimacy, Pleasure, & Sexual Wellbeing” and “For Women Only: A Revolutionary Guide to Overcoming Sexual Dysfunction and Reclaiming Your Sex Life”.
- Other her written books include; Quantum Love, Loving Sex: The Book of Joy and Passion, The Book of Love.
- She began working on the radio show starting with “Uncovered Radio with Dr. Lauro Berman”.
- She first appeared in the TV series, “Berman & Berman” from 2002 to 2003 later making appearances on The O’Reilly Factor, Today, Oprah Winfrey Show, WGN Morning News.
- She is a weekly columnist for the Chicago Sun-Times and had appeared as a panelist in the talk show called “Steve Harvey” from 2012 till 2016.
- She also hosts the reality-TV show called In the Bedroom with Dr. Laura Berman.
- She is also a member of the American Association of Sex Educators Counselors and Therapists, the Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality, the National Association of Social Workers, the International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health, and the American Urologic Society.
- She also has released her own line of sex toys available through her eponymous website.
Laura Berman’s Husband
Laura Berman is married to her only husband, Samuel Chapman. Berman got married to a well-family as her father-in-law, Barry Mann, and mother-in-law, Cynthia Weil are both famous singers and songwriters.
The couple has been married for decades as they already are the parents of their three sons: Ethan, Sam, and Jackson. However, their second son, Sam died on February 7, 2021, at age of 16. The reason for his death is believed to be fentanyl-laced Xanax or Percocet.
Laura Berman’s Net Worth
Laura Berman has quite good earnings from her professional career as a host and therapist. Having her career started as a professor, Berman has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the popular authors who even has written several New York Times best-selling books.
With her profession as a host of several shows, she further earns money counted in million dollars which are estimated to be around $35 million.
Laura Berman’s height
Laura Berman is a gorgeous lady with a well maintained hour-glass body physique even in her 50s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. while her body weighs around 50kg. Her body measurement is around 34-25-35 inches with a bra size of 34B, 4(US) as her dress size, and 6(US) as her shoe size.
She has a fair complexion with light brown hair and blue eyes.
Did You Know?
- She was a member of the Alpha Chi Omega sorority during her university days.
- She is the director and founder of the Berman Institute in Chicago.
- Her second son named Sam died at age of 16 on February 7, 2021.
- She is a weekly columnist for the Chicago Sun-Times.