Beninese Visa is not required for Laotians
Stay Duration: 30 days
- Benin, officially known as the Republic of Benin is a country in the Western part of Africa with the capital at Porto-Novo and the largest city at Cotonou.
- Laos citizens can visit Benin with an electronic visa (e-visa) and stay up to 30 days for a single entry.
- The required documents needed before visiting Benin include a valid Laotian passport for at least 6 months after arrival date with one blank page for visa stamp, a return/onward ticket, and proof of sufficient funds.
- The Republic of Benin is highly dependent on agriculture. The country produce and exports cotton and palm oil in large quantities.
- The official language spoken in the Republic of Benin is French with some indigenous languages such as Fon, Bariba, Yoruba, and Dendi.
- Religions practiced in the Republic of Benin include Islam, Christianity, and Vodun.
- The currency spent in Benin is the West African CFA franc.
- Benin uses 220V, 50Hz with sockets and plugs Type C and Type E.
- There are no currency restrictions on entry and exit of both local and foreign currencies, but amounts exceeding XOF 100,000 should be declared on arrival.
- The Benin Republic has two rainy and two dry seasons. The principal rainy season is from April to late July, with a short less intense rainy period from late September to November. The climate in Benin is hot and humid.
- The Benin Republic observes West Africa Time all year round with no Daylight Saving Time. Benin is 1 hour ahead of the GMT.
- The vaccinations required before visiting Benin are hepatitis A, hepatitis B, typhoid, cholera, yellow fever, rabies, polio, chickenpox, shingles, pneumonia, and influenza.
- Some of the tourist centers to visit in Benin are The Cathedral of Notre Dame of Miséricorde, Bohicoan, Temple of Pythons, Boukoumbe Town, and Benin’s Pendjari’s National Park.
- The time difference between Laos and Benin is 18 hours. Benin is ahead of Laos.
- The total flight duration from Laos to Benin is 13 hours 8 minutes while the distance is 10,790 km.
- The airlines operating in Benin are Air Taxi Benin and Benin Golf Air.