Gambian Visa is not required for Singaporeans
Stay Duration: 90 days
- Citizens of Singapore do not require a visa to visit the Gambia for a stay of up to 90 days.
- Intending visitors must have a passport valid for at least 6 months at the time of entry into the Gambia.
- Visitors passport should have at least one blank page for visa stamps.
- Visitors are required to have a return or onward ticket and proof of enough funds to spend during their stay.
- Visitors must provide proof of accommodation during the stay .
- Intending visitors can get to the Gambia from any international airport in Singapore.
- The estimated flight duration Singapore to the Gambia is 23 hours, 35 minutes.
- The statistics on religion in the Gambia show that 90% of the population are Sunni Muslims, 9% are Christians, while the remaining 1% still practise traditional beliefs.
- Gambia has at least 10 languages spoken by different ethnic groups. However, the official language is English.a
- Gambia official currency is the Gambian Dalasi.
- Visitors can exchange their foreign currencies at various bank and exchange outlets in the country.
- Benachin, domoda and superkanja are some of the popular delicacies in the Gambia.
- In the Gambia, the power plugs and sockets are of type G. The standard voltage is 230 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz.
- The Gambia uses Greenwich Mean Time so Singapore is 8 hours ahead of The Gambia.
- The climate in the Gambia is subtropical, with distinct dry and rainy seasons. The dry season runs from mid-November to early June, while the rainy season lasts from late June to October.
- Kunta Kinteh Island, Kachikally Museum and Crocodile Pool, Abuko Nature Reserve and Bijilo Forest Park are some of the tourist attractions in the Gambia.
- Tourists are advised to follow the instructions of local authorities and also monitor local news broadcasts while in the country.