Indian Visa is not required for Spanishs
Stay Duration: 90 days
- Spain passport holders can travel to India for a period of 90 days by applying for an electronic visa. This e-visa costs about US$80.
- Foreigners are expected to have applied for the e-visa, at least four days before departure.
- Tourists with the e-visa can gain entry to India through 28 airports and 5 seaports.
- Intending visitors are to show a valid passport of a minimum of 6 months beyond the date of India. The passport should have at least two blank pages for visa stamping.
- The import and export of foreign currencies are unlimited, however, amounts exceeding $ 5,000 or its equivalent would be declared.
- Also, the importation and exportation of the local currency of India are set at a maximum of INR 25,000.
- Minors visiting India alone are required to have a consent letter signed by both parents or guardian.
- Visitors from Spain entering India with firearms require an Import Permit from the Directorate General of Civil Aviation in India.
- Citizens of Spain travelling to India with pets (dogs and cats) must be accompanied by a veterinarian health certificate issued in Spain.
- Intending visitors can get to India from any international airport in Spain. There are international airports in Barcelona and Bilbao.
- Air India, Lufthansa, Air France, KLM and Turkish Airlines are some of the airlines that fly from Spain to India.
- The estimated flight time from Spain to New Delhi, India is 10 hours, 5 minutes.
- Cows do wander freely in the streets of India even in major cities. They are harmless, so tourists are advised to give them room. Also, Indians value their cows and respecting these cows can prevent a bad relationship with the locals.
- The Indian rupee is the official currency used in India. Visitors can various banks and exchange outlets in the country to exchange their foreign currencies.
- India is a country with hundreds of languages spoken in the country. It has no national language. Hindi and English are however the official languages.
- Visitors are advised to budget about $43 to spend on daily expenses while in India.
- Hinduism, Christianity and Islam are the major religions in India. Other religions like Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism are also present in the country, although as a minority.
- India has a temperate and tropical climate. It has four major seasons which are summer which is from March to May, winter from December to February, monsoon from June to September and post-monsoon also known as northeast monsoon which is from October to November.
- The Taj Mahal, The Holy City of Varanasi, Harmandir Sahib and The Golden City are some of the places tourists can visit while in India.
- Indians use a head wobble to mean “yes” or agree to something and also as a form of greeting. Learning to do this could benefit a visitor’s interaction with the locals
- Transportation in India can be done with buses, train, taxis and small boats.
- The power and socket plug used in Singapore are of Type C, D and M. The standard voltage is 230 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz.
- India uses India Standard Time (GMT+5:30). India is 4 hours and 30 minutes ahead of Spain.
- Special delicacies tourists can try while in India are butter chicken, alu gobi, rogan josh and samosas.
- Tourists are expected to be courteous and conscious of existing rules and customs as they go about their tourism-related activities.