Boz Scaggs Biography and Wiki
Boz Scaggs is an American singer, songwriter, and guitarist who was born in Canton, Ohio, the United States as William Royce “Boz” Scaggs.
Scaggs became prominent for his series of albums in the late 1970s, and songs “Lido Shuffle” as well as “Lowdown” from Silk Degrees in the year 1976 which peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard 200. Scaggs continues to write, record music as well as the tour.
Boz Scaggs Age
Scaggs is 76 years old as of 2020, he was born on 8 June 1944 in Canton, Ohio, United States. He celebrates his birthday on June 8 every year and his birth sign is Gemini.
Boz Scaggs Height
Scaggs stands at a height of 6 feet (1.8 meters or 183 cm). He also appears to be quite tall in stature in his photos. She has blue eyes and blond hair color.
Boz Scaggs Education
Scaggs studied at a Dallas private school, St. Mark’s School of Texas where Mal Buckner, a schoolmate gave him the nickname “Bosley”, later shortened to “Boz”. After learning guitar at the age of 12 years old, Scaggs met Steve Miller at St. Mark’s School.
In the year 1959, he became the vocalist for Miller’s band, the Marksmen. The pair later studied the University of Wisconsin–Madison together, playing in blues bands like the Ardells and the Fabulous Knight Trains.
Leaving school, Scaggs briefly joined the burgeoning R&B scene in London, then traveled on to Sweden as a solo performer, and in the year 1965 recorded his solo debut album, Boz, which failed commercially. Also, he had a brief stint with the band the Other Side alongside Mac MacLeod and Jack Downing.
Boz Scaggs Family, Parents and Siblings
Scaggs was born to Royce Gifford Scaggs(father) and Helen Virginia Coe(mother) in Canton, Ohio. He is the eldest child of a traveling salesman. Their family migrated to McAlester, Oklahoma, then to Plano, Texas (at that time a farm town), just north of Dallas.
Boz Scaggs Wife
Scaggs is married to Dominique Gioia. The couple married in 1992. He was first married to Donna Carmella Storniola. The couple had two sons: Austin, a music journalist for Rolling Stone, and Oscar, who died in the year 1998. Scaggs and Carmella divorced in the year 1980. Scaggs’s first husband’s Donna Carmella Storniola died in February 2017.
Boz Scaggs Wife Carmella Scag Dies
Carmella Scaggs died at Kaiser Permanente San Francisco of complications from open-heart surgery, according to her son, Austin Scaggs of Nashville. Mrs. Scaggs died at an age of 71 years old. Carmella was drawn to San Francisco from Seattle by the music scene in the 1960s.
She married Boz Scaggs and joined the San Francisco social swirl. “She was lively and funny and vivacious and a joy to be with,” said Jann Wenner, editor as well as publisher of Rolling Stone, who stood as a witness when Boz Scaggs and the former Carmella Storniola were married in Aspen, Colo.
“Carmella was warm and witty and a friend who was always there for you,” said Getty. “She had a bold and interesting style and when she entered a room, everyone turned around and looked at her.”
Boz Scaggs Son
Austin Scaggs is an American music critic as well as a contributing editor for Rolling Stone magazine. Also, he has written for Men’s Journal. He is the son of musician Boz Scaggs. Scaggs was born to Boz and Carmella Scaggs. Boz had a brother named Oscar who died in the year 1998 at age 21.
Boz Scaggs Net worth
Boz Scaggs has an estimated net worth of $40 million dollars as of 2020. This includes his Assets, Money, and Income. His primary source of income is his career as a singer, songwriter, and guitarist. Through his various sources of income, Boz has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Boz Scaggs Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Boz Scaggs.
Boz Scaggs Bio and Wiki
- Full Names: William Royce Scaggs
- Popular As: Singer
- Gender: Male
- Occupation / Profession: Singer, songwriter, and guitarist
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: To be updated
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Boz Scaggs Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 76 years old as of 2020
- Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Date of Birth: 8 June 1944
- Place of Birth: Canton, Ohio, United States.
- Birthday: June 8
Boz Scaggs Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: To be updated
- Height / How Tall?: 6 feet (1.8 meters or 183 cm).
- Weight: Moderate
- Eye Color: Blue
- Hair Color: Blond
- Shoe Size: To be updated
Boz Scaggs Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Royce Gifford Scaggs
- Mother: Helen Virginia Coe
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): To be updated
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife/Spouse: Married to Dominique Gioia Scaggs (m. 1992), Carmella Scaggs (m. 1971–1980)
- Dating / Girlfriend: Not Applicable
- Children: Sons ( Austin Scaggs, Oscar who died in 1998) Daughter(s) (To be updated)
Boz Scaggs Networth and Salary
- Net Worth: $40 million dollars
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Singer
Boz Scaggs House and Cars
- Place of living: US
- Cars: Car Brand to be Updated
Boz Scaggs Lowdown
“Lowdown” is a song originally recorded in 1976 by Boz for his album Silk Degrees. The song was co-written by Scaggs and keyboardist David Paich. Paich alongside fellow “Lowdown” session musicians bassist David Hungate and drummer Jeff Porcaro, would later go on to help form the band, Toto.
Boz Scaggs Lido Shuffle
“Lido Shuffle” could be a song written by Boz Scaggs and David Paich and introduced on the 1976 Boz Scaggs album, Silk Degrees. It was subsequently released as a single in 1977. Scaggs recalled: “‘Lido Shuffle”‘ was a song that I’d been banging around.
I…took the thought of the shuffle (from) a song that Fats Domino did know as ‘The Fat Man’ that had a form of driving shuffle beat that I accustomed play on the piano, and I just started kind of singing along with it. Then I showed it to Paich and he helped me fill it out. It ended up being ‘Lido Shuffle’.” Members of the backup band on “Lido Shuffle” embody David Paich, Jeff Porcaro, and David Hungate who later formed Toto.
Released because the album’s fourth single, “Lido Shuffle” reached number 11 in the US and 13 on the UK Singles Chart. In Australia, the track spent 3 weeks at range two as a double A-side hit with “What am I able to Say”.
Boz Scaggs Silk Degrees
Silk Degrees is that the seventh album by Boz Scaggs discharged on Columbia Records in 1976. The album peaked at No.2 and spent one hundred fifteen weeks on the sign two00.
It has been certified five times platinum by the RIAA and remains his’s best selling album. Silk Degrees spawned four singles.”It’s Over”, “Lowdown”, and “Lido Shuffle” created the highest forty, whereas “What am I able to Say” peaked at No. 42.
Boz Scaggs Jojo
In 1975, Scaggs introduced us to “Lido,” a drifter with a very singable name. Two albums, later, he gave us Jojo, the first hit song about a pimp (“fifty dollars, he’ll get you all you want,” “His baby stays high… he keeps her on the street”).
He wrote the song with David Foster and David Lasley, who was a backup singer on the track. Foster also co-wrote the Earth, Wind & Fire hit “After The Love Has Gone” around this time, and was on his way to becoming one of the top songwriters/producers of his generation.
“The music was Foster; he just starts playing it and I start singing along with it and wrote the words,” Scaggs said in our 2013 interview. “Then Lasley filled in some words, too. David Foster was writing some great R&B songs at the time, writing with Earth, Wind & Fire, and others. He was just David Foster, he’s just a genius.”
Boz Scaggs We are All Alone
“We’re All Alone” is a song written by Boz Scaggs, which became a 1977 top-ten hit for Rita Coolidge in the US and the UK. Scaggs introduced it on his 1976 album Silk Degrees.
The song was first a hit for Frankie Valli. Scaggs included it as the B-side of two of the four single releases from that LP, including “Lido Shuffle.
Boz Scaggs Some Change
Some Change is an album by Boz Scaggs, released in 1994. Allmusic’s retrospective review called Some Change “a very honest and natural-sounding collection of pop, pop/rock, and soul-influenced pop” and “his best album since 1976’s Silk Degrees.”
Boz Scaggs Career
After finishing school, he briefly joined the burgeoning rhythm and blues scene in London, then traveled on to Sweden as a solo performer, and in 1965 recorded his solo debut album, Boz, which failed commercially. Boz had also a brief stint with the band the Other Side with Mac MacLeod and Jack Downing.
Returning to the U.S., he promptly headed for the booming psychedelic music center of San Francisco in 1967. Linking up with Steve Miller again, Scaggs appeared on the Steve Miller Band’s first two albums, Children of the Future and Sailor in 1968.
Scaggs acquired a solo contract with Atlantic Records in 1968, releasing his second album, Boz Scaggs, featuring the Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section and session guitarist Duane Allman, in 1969. Besides the good reviews, this release achieved only moderate sales. He then shortly hooked up with Bay Area band Mother Earth in a supporting role on their second album Make a Joyful Noise on guitar and backup vocals.
His next signed with Columbia Records releasing the albums Moments in 1971 and My Time in 1972. Boz’s first 2Columbia albums were modest sellers and seeking a new more soulful direction his record company brought in former Motown producer Johnny Bristol for 1974’s Slow Dancer album.
Although the album only ranked position eight one on the US Billboard Album Chart, it subsequently attained gold status no doubt getting a boost from the huge success of Scaggs’s next album Silk Degrees.
Boz Scaggs Songs
- Lowdown Silk Degrees · 1976
- Lido Shuffle Silk Degrees · 1976
- Look What You’ve Done To Me Urban Cowboy · 1980
- We’re All Alone Silk Degrees · 1976
- Loan Me A Dime Boz Scaggs · 1969
- Jojo Middle Man · 1980
- Breakdown Dead Ahead Middle Man · 1980
- What Can I Say Silk Degrees · 1976
- Heart Of Mine Other Roads · 1988
- Miss Sun Hits! · 1980 It’s Over Silk Degrees · 1976
- You Can Have Me Anytime Middle Man · 1980
- Harbor Lights Silk Degrees · 1976
- Dinah Flo My Time · 1972
- Georgia Silk Degrees · 1976
- You Make It So Hard Slow Dancer · 1974
- We Were Always Sweethearts Moments (Expanded) · 1971
- I’ll Be Long Gone Boz Scaggs · 1969
- Last Tango On 16th Street A Fool To Care · 2015
- Hard Times Down Two Then Left · 1977
- Hollywood Down Two Then Left · 1977
- Slow Dancer Slow Dancer · 1974
- Runnin’ Blue Boz Scaggs & Band · 1971
- What Do You Want The Girl To Do Silk Degrees · 1976
- I Just Go Dig · 2001 Sierra Some Change · 1994
- Miss Riddle Dig · 2001
- Near You Moments (Expanded) · 1971
- Who’s That Lady 2014
- Thanks To You Dig · 2001
- Love Me Tomorrow Silk Degrees · 1976
- Love T.K.O. 2014
Boz Scaggs albums
- Boz Scaggs Albums
- Silk Degrees 1976
- Middle Man 1980
- Out of the Blues 2018
- Slow Dancer 1974
- Boz Scaggs & Band 1971
- Memphis 2013
- Some Change 1994
- Moments 1971
- Dig 2001
- Fade into Light 1996
- Other Roads 1988
- A Fool to Care 2015
- Come On Home 1997
- Boz 1965
- My Time 1972
- Boz Scaggs 1969
- Speak Low 2008
- But Beautiful 2003
- Unplugged (Live) 2019
- Lowdown (Live) 2019
- Live in San Francisco 2013
- Sierra (Live) 2019
- Fly Like A Bird (Live) 2019
- Boz Scaggs – Greatest Hits (Live) 2016
- Live At the Fillmore West – 30 June 1971
- [Live] 2013 Moments (Expanded) 1971
- You Should Be So Lucky 2014
- But Beautiful – Standards: Volume I 2003
- Live at the Paramount Theater, Oakland, 1974
- (FM Radio Broadcast) 1974
- Memphis (Expanded Edition) 2013
- Steamin’ Hot 1982
- Greatest Hits – Japanese Singles Collection 2019
- David Garfield & The Cats Do Pop Classics 2011
- Anthology 2000
- Boz Scaggs – Unplugged At The Planet 2019
- Live at Pacific High, 1971 2016
- Memphis (Deluxe Version) 2013
- I Feel So Good (The KSAN Studio Broadcast ’71) 2020
- Neal Conway Classics Revisited, Vol. 6 2016
- The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA, 1997
- (Hd Remastered Edition) 2018
- Paramount Theater, Oakland, 1974
- (Hd Remastered Edition) 2018
- Hits! 1980
- Down Two Then Left 1977
- Greatest Hits Live 2004
- Search Results Web results
Boz Scaggs Tour
- Boz Scaggs tour dates 2020 – 2021.
- September 25 – Indio, CA, US – Fantasy Springs Resort & Casino – CANCELED
- October 6 Omaha, NE, US- Holland Center, Omaha Performing Arts Center – POSTPONED
- October 8 Lawton, OK, US – Apache Casino Hotel – CANCELED
- October 11 – Nashville, TN, US – Ryman Auditorium – CANCELED
- October 16 – Tallahassee, FL, US – Capital City Amphitheater at Cascades Park – CANCELED
- October 17 – Atlanta, GA, US – Fox Theatre Atlanta – CANCELED
- May 15, 2021 – Napa, CA, US – Uptown Theatre Napa – CANCELED
- May 16, 2021 – Napa, CA, US – Uptown Theatre Napa – CANCELED
- May 18, 2021- Redding, CA, US – Cascade Theater
- May 21, 2021 – Richmond, BC, Canada – River Rock Casino Resort
- May 27, 2021 – Boise, ID, US – Velma V. Morrison Center for the Performing Arts, Boise State University
- June 1, 2021 – Carmel, CA, US – Sunset Center
- June 2, 2021 – Carmel, CA, US – Sunset Center
- June 4, 2021 – Stateline, NV, US – Montbleu Theatre, MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa
- June 8, 2021 – Riverside, CA, US – Fox Performing Arts Center
- June 10, 2021 – Los Angeles (LA), CA, US – Orpheum Theatre – CANCELED
- June 12, 2021 – Las Vegas, NV, US – Reynolds Hall, Smith Center for the Performing Arts
- June 13, 2021 – Grand Junction, CO, US – Las Colonias Park Amphitheater
- June 16, 2021 – Sandy, UT, US – Sandy City Amphitheater
- June 18, 2021 – Indio, CA, US – Fantasy Springs Resort & Casino
- June 20, 2021 – Chandler, AZ, US – Chandler Center for the Arts
- June 21, 2021 – San Diego, CA, US – Humphreys Concerts by the Bay
- July 23, 2021 – Fort Lauderdale, FL, US – Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center
- July 30, 2021 – Biloxi, MS, US – IP Casino, Resort & Spa
- July 31, 2021 – Atlanta, GA, US – Fox Theatre Atlanta
- August 10, 2021 – Nashville, TN, US – Ryman Auditorium
- September 16, 2021 – Napa, CA, US – Uptown Theatre Napa
- September 17, 2021 – Napa, CA, US – Uptown Theatre Napa
- October 2, 2021 – Omaha, NE, US – Holland Center, Omaha Performing Arts Center
Boz Scaggs Band Members
Boz Scaggs Music groups
- Steve Miller Band
- The Dukes of SeptemberSince 2010
- The Ardell’s
- Mother Earth
Boz Scaggs Quotes
- As far as other instrumentalists, I used to love mellow sax players like Paul Desmond. I love the piano.
- A lot of what I have always done is do other singers.
- I am not a jazz singer. I wouldn’t place myself on that footing. I wouldn’t even enter that arena.
- I feel fortunate that I was able to step away from it when I wasn’t interested.
Frequently Asked Questions About Boz Scaggs
Who is Boz Scaggs?
Boz Scaggs is a famous singer, songwriter, and guitarist who was born in Canton, Ohio, the United States as William Royce “Boz” Scaggs.
What is Boz Scaggs nationality?
Scaggs belongs to American nationaty and white ethnicty.
What is Boz Scaggs real name?
Scaggs was born in Canton, Ohio, United States as William Royce Scaggs(Real name).
How old is Boz Scaggs?
Scaggs is an American national born on 8 June 1944 in Canton, Ohio, United States. He is 76 years ld as of 2020.
How tall is Boz Scaggs?
Scaggs stands at a height of 6 feet
Is Boz Scaggs married?
Yes, he is married to Dominique Gioiaor. The couple married in 1992. He was first married to Donna Carmella Storniola. The couple had two sons: Austin, a music journalist for Rolling Stone, and Oscar, who died in the year 1998. Scaggs and Carmella divorced in the year 1980. Scaggs’s first husband’s Donna Carmella Storniola died in February 2017.
How much is Boz Scaggs worth?
Scaggs has an approximate net worth of $40 million. This amount has been accrued from her leading roles in the entertainment industry.
Where does Boz Scaggs live?
Because of personal reasons, Scaggs has not shared his precise location of residence. We will immediately update this information if we get the location and images of his house.
Is Boz Scaggs dead or alive?
Scaggs is still alive and in good health. There have been no reports of him being sick or having any health-related issues.
Where is Boz Scaggs now?
Actor: Scaggs is still an active participant in the creative entertainment industry, he is a singer, songwriter, and guitarist.
What was Boz Scaggs biggest hit?
- “Look What You’ve Done to Me”
- “I Just Go”
- “Miss Sun”
- “Lido Shuffle”
- “Runnin’ Blues”
- “Loan Me a Dime”
- “We’re All Alone”
Boz Scaggs Social Media Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
- Katherine Beinecke Michel
- Freddy Moore
- Allen Covert
- Cody Gifford
We acknowledge the following websites that we have referenced as we were writing this article.:
- Instagram and