Who is Leighton Meester? | Leighton Meester Biography and Wiki
Leighton Meester is an American actress, singer, songwriter, and model. She is best known for her role as the devious socialite Blair Waldorf on Gossip Girl on The CW. She has also starred in movies including Killer Game, Country Solid, The Friend, Monte Carlo, The Oranges, and The Judge.
Leighton Meester Age and Birthday
Meester is 34 years old as of 2020. She was born Leighton Marissa Meester on April 9, 1986, in Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America. She celebrates her birthday on April 9th every year.
Leighton Meester Height and Weight
Leighton stands at a height of 5ft 4inches (1.64 m). She also weighs 53 kg or 117 pounds.
Leighton Meester Education
Meester attended the Professional Children’s School and started working with Wilhelmina as a model, booking a campaign shot by Bruce Weber on Ralph Lauren, and collaborating with the then-photographer Sofia Coppola.
Meester also booked Tamagotchi and Clearasil commercials and modeled along with Amanda Seyfried for Limited Too. She moved to Los Angeles at age 14 and attended high schools in Hollywood and Beverly Hills. Meester then transferred to a small private school, graduating one year earlier than normal.
Leighton Meester Family
Meester was born in Fort Worth, Texas, to Constance Lynn (Haas) and Douglas Jay Meester. Her father is a real estate broker, while her mothers an author. She has two brothers: Douglas Logan Meester (born 1983) and Alexander “Lex” Meester (born 1994).
Meester ‘s parents were serving time in federal prison at the time of her birth for their engagement in a drug ring that smuggled marijuana from Jamaica to the United States. Constance, her (mother) was able to give birth to Leighton in a hospital and parent her in a halfway house for three months, before going back to prison to complete her sentence. Her paternal grandparents cared for Meester during this period.
Meester has affirmed that her parents gave her a fair upbringing and said, “It made me realize that you can’t judge anyone—especially your parents—for what they’ve done in their past because people change.” She grew up in Marco Island, Florida, where she took part in local playhouse productions. In 1992 her parents divorced. By the time she was 11, Meester and her siblings moved to New York City with their mother.
Leighton Meester Mother
Meester’s relationship with her mom took a dramatic turn in 2011. The actress and singer had reportedly been sending her unemployed mother $7,500 every month to help provide adequate care for her little brother, Lex. Instead of using the money on her brother, Meester accused her mom of blowing the monthly payment on “plastic surgery, Botox, and hair extensions,” according to TMZ.
Leighton Meester Brother
The main reason Meester was sending her mom money in the first place was reportedly to help care for her little brother, Lex, who was dealing with some serious health issues, including recovery from brain surgery. The money was to be used for Lex’s medical bills, which is why Meester was “disgusted” when she found out her mom was using the payments for other purposes.
Leighton Meester Husband
Leighton is married to Adam Brody an actor, writer, musician, and producer. Leighton and Adam met for the first time on the set of 2011 movie The Oranges. But, they didn’t give their relationship a go until early 2013. In January 2013 Brody and actress Meester had become an item.
After dating for months, the couple engaged in November of 2013. The couple tied the knot on February 15, 2014, in a secret ceremony and together they welcomed their first child, daughter Arlo Day Brody in 2015. In 2020, there have been rumors that the couple is expecting their second born. The family resides in Los Angeles, California.
Leighton Meester Kids | Daughter
Leighton and her husband Adam welcomed their first child, daughter Arlo Day Brody in 2015. In 2020, there have been rumors that the couple is expecting their second born. The family resides in Los Angeles, California.
Leighton Meester Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Meester.
- Full Name: Leighton Marissa Meester
- Age: 34 years (2020)
- Date of Birth: April 9, 1986
- Place of Birth: Fort Worth, Texas
- Education: Hollywood and Beverly Hills High Schools
- Birthday: April 9, 1986
- Nationality: American
- Father’s Name: Douglas Jay Meester
- Mother’s Name: Constance Lynn
- Siblings: Douglas Logan Meester and Alexander “Lex” Meester
- Spouse: Adam Brody
- Children: Arlo Day Brody
- Height: 5ft 4inches (1.64 m)
- Weight: 53 kg or 117 pounds
- Profession: Actress, singer, songwriter, and model
- Net worth: $16 million
Leighton Meester Salary and Net Worth
Meester has enjoyed a long career in the entertainment industry. Through proceeds from her work as an actress and singer, Leighton and her husband actor Adam Brody have a combined net worth of about $16 million.
Leighton Meester Gossip Girl
Meester played the role of Blair Waldorf in the American teen drama television series from September 19, 2007, to December 17, 2012.
Leighton Meester Movies and TV Shows
- 2003 Hangman’s Curse as Elisha Springfield
- 2003 The Jackalope as Lorraine
- 2006 Flourish as Lucy Covner
- 2006 Inside as Josie
- 2007 Drive-Thru as Mackenzie Carpenter
- 2007 Remember the Daze as Tori
- 2008 Killer Movie as Jaynie Hansen
- 2010 Country Strong as Chiles Stanton
- 2010 Date Night as Katy
- 2010 Going the Distance as Amy
- 2011 Monte Carlo as Meg Kelly
- 2011 The Oranges as Nina Ostroff
- 2011 The Roommate as Rebecca Evans
- 2012 That’s My Boy as Jamie Martin
- 2014 By the Gun as Ali Matazano
- 2014 Life Partners as Sasha Weiss
- 2014 Like Sunday, Like Rain as Eleanor Logan
- 2014 The Judge as Carla Powell
- 2015 Unity as Narrator (voice)
- 2019 Semper Fi as Clara
- 2019 The Orville as Laura Huggins
- 2018 The Last Man on Earth as Zoe
- 2018–2020 Single Parents as Angie D’Amato
- 2017 Making History as Deborah Revere
- 2016 Zoolander: Super Model as Herself
- 2010 The City as Herself
- 2007 CSI: Miami as Heather Crowley
- 2007 Shark as Megan
- 2007–2012 Gossip Girl as Blair Waldorf
- 2007 The Haunting of Sorority Row as Samantha “Sam” Willows
- 2006 Monster Allergy as Poppy (voice)
- 2006 Numbers as Karen Camden
- 2006 House as Ali Johnson
- 2006 Secrets of a Small Town as Kayla Rhodes / Kelly Rhodes
- 2005 24 as Debbie Pendleton
- 2005 Veronica Mars as Carrie Bishop
- 2005 8 Simple Rules as Nikki Alcott
- 2005–2006 Surface as Savannah Barnett
- 2004 Crossing Jordan as Marie Strand
- 2004 7th Heaven as Kendall
- 2004 North Shore as Veronica Farrell
- 2004–2008 Entourage as Justine Chapin
- 2003 Hollywood Division as Michelle Nichols
- 2003 Tarzan as Nicki Porter
- 2003 The Big Wide World of Carl Laemke as Tanni Laemke
- 2002 Once and Again as Amanda
- 2002 Family Affair as Irene
- 2001 Boston Public as Sarah Breen
- 1999 Law & Order as Alyssa Turner
Frequently Asked Questions About Meester
Who is Leighton Meester?
Meester is an American actress, singer, songwriter, and model. She is best known for her starring role as the devious socialite Blair Waldorf on Gossip Girl on The CW.
How old is Leighton Meester?
Meester is 34 years old as of 2020. She was born Leighton Marissa Meester on April 9, 1986, in Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America.
How tall is Leighton Meester?
Meester stands at a height of 5ft 4inches (1.64 m).
Is Leighton Meester married?
Yes, she is married to Adam Brody. They got married on February 15, 2014, and together they welcomed their first child, daughter Arlo Day Brody. The family resides in Los Angeles, California.
How much is Leighton Meester worth?
Meester has an approximate net worth of $16 million. This amount has been accrued from her leading roles in the entertainment industry.
Where does Leighton Meester live?
She is a resident of Los Angeles, California, USA, we shall upload pictures of her house as soon as we have them.
Is Leighton Meester dead or alive?
Meester is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of her being sick or having any health-related issues.
Where is Leighton Meester Now?
Meester is still an active participant in the creative entertainment industry, in 2019 she played the role of Clara in Semper Fi.
Leighton Meester Twitter
Tweets by itsmeleighton