Lemon Andersen Biography
Lemon Andersen is an American poet, spoken word artist, and actor. He is well known for his November 2011 TEDYouth talk Please don’t take my Air Jordans. His performance of the title poem by Reg E. Gaines is being followed by his own spoken-word riff on the influence of Gaines, Etheridge Knight, and other poets on his creative growth as a poet and spoken word artist.
Lemon Andersen Age
Lemon Andersen was born on April 21, 1975. He is aged 43 years old as of 2018.
Lemon Andersen Family
Lemon Andersen (born Andrew Andersen) was born, raised in Brooklyn, New York and still resides there. He is the son of Milagros “Mili” Quiñones, from Puerto Rico, and Peter Andersen, a Norwegian-American from Bensonhurst, Brooklyn. We can describe his family as poor, and having him appreciating his background as a teenager, he experienced the successive deaths of his stepfather, father, and mother from complications of heroin abuse and AIDS, leaving him and his older brother orphaned and forced to cater for themselves. It was then when he became involved in serious crime, but his growing compassion, first for hip hop and then acting, and a succession of gifted mentors who recognized and nurtured his theatrical talent resulted in his growth into the powerful artist portrayed in County of Kings and Lemon.
Lemon Andersen Wife
His better half is called Marilyn Andersen.
Lemon Andersen Poems | Lemon Andersen Poetry
As an author Lemon Hans Christian Andersen has the foremost ventilated episodes on HBO’s Def Poetry, eight times in six seasons, and was a clever forged member of the Russell Simmons Def Poetry Jam on street (2002-2003), that he won the Tony Award for Best Special Theatrical Event in 2003 and also the Drama table nomination for distinctive Theatrical expertise that very same year. His poetry collections embody prepared created Real: Poems (2004) and County of Kings (2009), each of that was printed severally by County of King’s commercial enterprise.
Lemon Andersen Career
Andersen has traveled the spoken-word and theater scene for the last decade playing and commerce out venues like the Nuyorican Poets restaurant, Greek deity Theater, Chicago Theater, and Hollywood’s Kodak Theater. On July 2, 2005, he performed before of five hundred,000 folks at Philadelphia’s Live eight concert. Nike additionally selected him to put in writing a chunk to assist them to sign young basketball star LeBron James.
In the film, Lemon appeared within the instrumentalist (2009), directed by Joe Wright and major Robert Downey son and Jamie Foxx. He has shot four movies with Spike Lee, including Sucker Free City (2004), She Hates Me (2004), Inside Man (2006) (appearing opposite Denzel Washington and Clive Owen), and Miracle at St. Anna (2008). More recently, he is featured in the internationally acclaimed documentary film Lemon, screened in 2012-2013 at film festivals and performing arts centers across North America. It premiered on tv because of the fourth episode in America’s PBS Voces series on Gregorian calendar month nineteen, 2012.
Lemon Andersen’s theater credits include Slanguage, directed by Jo Bonney, The Ride at PS 122, and U at the Mark Taper Forum, as well as teaching performance art workshops at different faculties, universities and institutions including Harvard University, Princeton University, the University of Massachusetts Amherst, and Sing Sing Prison. He has recently starred in a touring one person show titled County of Kings: The Beautiful Struggle, which was developed and produced through The American Place Theatre’s Literature to Life program. Since its premiere in 2009, performances have been staged to rave reviews at campuses and theaters across the U.S. and on three continents. This coming-of-age memoir, that mixes poetry and prose, was the grand winner within 2010 the big apple Book pageant.
Lemon Andersen Net Worth
This information will be updated soon.
Lemon Andersen Images | Photos | Pictures
Lemon Andersen Quotes
- I was in a juvenile detention center, and I was in Rikers Island. And there was an anthology written by the inmates called ‘The Pen,’ and I – you know, I had a crush on a girl, and she left me when I was incarcerated. And I found this poem in this anthology that talked about having your heart broken and being incarcerated.
- Work controls my life, writing controls my life, performing controls my life.
- I’m a half-breed. You know, I’m Puerto Rican and Norwegian from descent, and I grew up, born and raised in New York City, and I stood out amongst my friends in my community. I was very blond-haired, white, and ‘Lemonhead’ was the name that they gave me.
- I talk to my kids about my mother’s energy and how she would have loved them. I talk about how kind and polite my father was. So that they have some kind of remembrance that even though my parents died from their addictions and so that they know they were genuine in how they were.
- No one touches me when I write my story unless I hire you to or I allow you to.
- For the last 15 years that I have been performing, all I ever wanted to do was transcend poetry to the world. See, it wasn’t enough for me to write a book. It wasn’t enough for me to join a slam competition, and while those things hold weight, it wasn’t the driving force that pushes the pen to the pad.
- It’s all about the mood I’m in and the scene I’m writing. ‘Cause work controls my life, writing controls my life, performing controls my life. So I don’t listen to any music that’s not an influence on what I’m working on that day. Music is a big influence in my work and sometimes drives the energy of where I want to go.
- I’m a suspicious mulatto, which means I’m too black to be white and too white to be doing it right.
Read more at brainyquote.com
Lemon Andersen Facts
- In his teenage, he spent his years in and out of jail because of his involvement in some serious crime
- He is so much interested in hip hop since his grown-up age
- He has done a lot in his life and still does, he did poetry, spoken word, movies, theater, playwright.
- He has seen poverty in his teen because his parents were very much addicted to drugs. He lost his father, stepfather and mother because of complexities in drugs
Lemon Andersen Movies | Lemon Andersen Film | Lemon Andersen Video
Lemon Andersen Twitter
Lemon Andersen Instagram
Lemon Andersen Facebook