Ester Ranston, aka Esther Rantzen, is a media personality who has established herself as a television presenter and a journalist. She hails from England and has worked in this field since 1968.
Ester started her career at BBC radio, which is one of the well-reputed media broadcasters. She started her career as a trainee studio manager on BBC radio and, since then, she has never looked back.
Quick Facts: Who Is Ester Ranston? 10 Facts To Know About
|Birthday||June 22, 1940|
|Net Worth||$110 thousand-$1.08 million|
|Husband||Desmond Wilcox (Died: 2020)|
|Education||Buckley Country Day School, North London Collegiate School|
Similarly, Ranston has also worked for the welfare of children and older people. Throughout her career, she has also received many honors for the works she has done to date.
In the field of journalism, Ester is a popular figure and is even considered a veteran.
Speaking at @LangdonCharity Ladies Lunch on 1st July, [email protected] for tickets #LangdonLadies Will be there in my spangles
— Dame Esther Rantzen (@ERantzen) June 11, 2014
10 Facts On Ester Ranston
- Ester Ranston, a native of England, was born in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, on 22 June 1940. As of 2021, she is 80 years old.
- As per her Wikipedia, her full name is Dame Esther Louise Rantzen but people also know her as Esther Rantzen.
- Moreover, Ester Ranston is also a family person who loves her family. She was married to her husband, Desmond Wilcox.
- She got married to her late husband Desmond in 1977. He died in 2020 at the age of 69 because of a heart attack.
- Similarly, talking about her children, Ester is a mother to 3 children. Among them, Rebecca is one of them. Her daughter Rebecca is also in the same field as her mother.
- In 2013, Esther Rantzen started a charity named The Silver Line for older people. Her charity helped older adults free of cost.
- According to Express. Co, Ranston’s net worth is in the range of $110 thousand to $1.08 million.
- Furthermore, Ester’s parents were Katherine Flora Rantzen and Henry Barnato Rantzen. Her mother died in 2005, whereas her father died in 1992.
- For her studies, Ester Ranston went to Somerville College, Oxford.
- On Twitter, Esten is followed by 4118 people. She is not available on other social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter.