Saint Lucian Visa is not required for Zambians
Stay Duration: 42 days
- Zambians intending to visit Saint Lucia can stay for a duration of 42 days without a visa.
- Zambians intending to visit Saint Lucia are required to provide a passport with six months of validity and with at least two blank pages for stamps on arrival and departure.
- All Zambian citizens are required to present a passport when traveling to Saint Lucia, as well as proof of anticipated departure from the country. This includes travelers arriving by airplane and by private sea-going vessel.
- Those traveling to Saint Lucia on a cruise may use another Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) compliant document.
- Do not enter Saint Lucia with firearms or ammunition without prior express consent from the Saint Lucia government.
- Carefully assess the potential risks of recreational water activities and consider your physical capabilities and skills. Never venture out alone, particularly at isolated beaches or far out to sea. Avoid entering the water above your waist if you have been drinking and always be mindful of a jet ski and boat traffic in the area.
- Consensual same-sex sexual activity is illegal, with penalties up to 10 years in prison. No legislation protects persons from discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Be extremely careful when driving, riding in a vehicle, or crossing roads on foot. Major roads are in average to poor condition, and you may encounter wandering animals and slow-moving heavy equipment. Drivers often stop in the middle of the roadway without warning. Always maintain a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you and watch for signs of sudden braking. Automobiles may lack working safety and signaling devices.
- In Saint Lucia the power plugs and sockets are of type G. The standard voltage is 240 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz.
- Driving is on the left-hand side of the road. There is relatively little police enforcement of traffic regulations. A local temporary driver’s license is required. These can be purchased at all car rental offices and from the transportation office in Gros Islet.
- Zambia is 6 hours ahead of Saint Lucia.
- The best time to visit St. Lucia is between May and June. These late spring and early summer months offer wonderful weather – high 70s to 80s – plus there are enviable room rates at the best hotels.
- The currency of St. Lucia is the Eastern Caribbean Dollar which is linked to the US Dollar at the exchange rate of US$1 to EC$2.65. US Dollars are readily accepted throughout the island. Most hotels will exchange reasonable amounts of foreign currency, and there are change bureaus in Castries.
- Travelers are required to have EC$457 ($169) per day to cover their daily finances in Saint Lucia.
- The main religion of Saint Lucia is Roman Catholicism.