Venki Ramakrishnan is an Indian based biologist. He currently serves as the president of the Royal Society. He also won the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 2009.
|Birthday||April 5, 1952|
|Age||68 years old|
|Profession||Biologist and President of the Royal Society|
|Parents||C. V. Ramakrishnan & R. Rajalakshmi|
|Siblings||1: Lalita Ramakrishnan|
|Net Worth||$4 million|
|Children||1: Raman Ramakrishnan|
|Education||University of Cambridge|
Starting from the beginning, Venki was born to a studious family in Tamil Nadu. His parents were a scientist. Moreover, his father C. V. Ramakrishnan was head of the department of Biochemistry in Maharaja Sayajirao University.
His family is full of talented and highly qualified peoples. His mother received her doctorate degree in Psychology in 1959. At the time, There were only a few countable women to have studied after marriage. Getting a doctorate degree was more than impossible in India. However, she made her way and achieved the unachievable.
Moving on to Venki’s journey, He completed prescience from Maharaja Sayajirao. Then, he moved to the University of Cambridge and Ohio State University for his further studies. He lastly researched the structure and function of the ribosome to win the Nobel Prize.
10 Facts About Venki Ramakrishnan
- Venki Ramakrishnan (born in April 5, 1952) is an Indian scientist and Nobel prize winner. He also won Padma Vibhusan in 2010.
- He studied ribosomes with his fellow scientists Thomas A. Seltz and Ada Yonath to win several respected prizes.
- His age is 68 years old. Also, his birth sign is Aries.
- He was born and raised in Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu, India. He has citizenship of America and England.
- His nationality is Indian. Also, his ethnicity is Tamils which an ethnic group of India.
- He firstly completed a prescience course at Maharaja Sayajirao University. His father was the head of Biochemistry there.
- He has a sibling sister named Lalita Ramakrishnan. Lalita is a renowned immunologist and epidemiologist.
- Moving on to his personal life, He is married to Vera Rosenberry. The couple shares a son named Raman Ramakrishnan.
- Venki is not available in any social media platform for now.
- Lastly, He has written thesis on Transition in Potassium.