|Intro||South African artist|
|Is|| Curator |
|Birth|| 1982 |
, Kroonstad, South Africa
Angela de Jesus is a South African visual artist and curator living and working in Bloemfontein.
de Jesus uses her Portuguese heritage and experience working in a takeaway shop to investigate intercultural exchange and visual perception. She uses hidden CCTV cameras as materials in her own video creations.
- MFA from the University of the Free State
- Sasol New Signatures Competition at the Pretoria Art Museum
- Absa L’Atelier, ABSA Gallery, Johannesburg
- Bellville Gallery, Cape Town
- Oliewenhuis Art Museum
- Spier Contemporary 2010 – winner of Thamdigi Foundation Prize in Arnhem, Netherlands
Video installation, size variable