|Intro||Actor and pop singer|
|Is|| Singer |
|Type|| Film, TV, Stage & Radio |
|Birth|| 30 September 1975 |
Jeremy Kushnier (born September 30, 1975 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada) is a stage actor and songwriter.
Kushnier is most well known for originating the role of Ren McCormick in the musical rendition of Footloose, and for his role in the Tony Award-winning musical Jersey Boys in the role of Tommy Devito and was one of the “Top 10 Great Chicago Performances of 2007”. He starred in the Chicago cast, and then opened the Vegas production. He took over the role of Tommy on August 21, 2008 as part of the Toronto engagement of Jersey Boys, which was part of the North American tour. He played Dr. Madden/Dr. Fine in the first national tour of the Pulitzer Prize winning musical Next to Normal. He is currently on Broadway in a revival of Jesus Christ Superstar, playing a priest and understudying the roles of Judas, Jesus and Pilate…..He is currently on Broadway in the Musical Show Called PARAMOUR via Cirque Du Soleil Group—-2016 at the Lyric Theater, NYC
He is married to Jenny Lee Stern.
Jeremy Kushnier was born in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Kushnier attended Miles MacDonell Collegiate, the Winnipeg School of Performing Arts, and the Royal Winnipeg Ballet, all in Winnipeg. He is the brother of the actor Serge Kushnier and the musician Bryce Kushnier, involved with the electronic project vitaminsforyou.
Kushnier travelled by bus from Toronto to New York City to audition for a role in Footloose in 1997.
- Starring: Jeremy Kushnier [Ren McCormack] (October 22, 1997 – July 2, 2000).
Original, musical, drama
- Starring: Jeremy Kushnier [Roger Davis] — Replacement (November 17, 2003 – January 17, 2005).
- (1988) Played Oliver in “Oliver!” at Rainbow Stage, Winnipeg Manitoba
- (1990) Performed in Say It With Music at Rainbow Stage, Winnipeg Manitoba
- (1995) Cast in the Toronto production of The Who’s Tommy; later toured Canada
- Performed as a swing in the Canadian production of Rent
- (2000) Cast as one of the leads in The Rhythm Club; premiered at The Signature Theater in Arlington, Virginia
- (2001) Played Roger in the Benny Tour production of Rent
- (2002–2003) Playing Radames in the national tour of Disney’s Aida
- Appeared in the workshops of the stage musicals “Summer of ’42” and “Joe: The Musical”
- Appeared in the Readings for Hamlet — The Musical, ROOMS, and Drift
- Appeared in American Duet featuring Darius Rucker of Hootie and the Blowfish, in February 2004.
- (2005) Played Judas in Jesus Christ Superstar at the Kansas City Starlight Theatre.
- (2006) Played Roger in World Tour of Rent.
- (2006) Played Jerry in Full Monty at Maine State Music Theater
- (2007) Played Jamie in Bright Lights, Big City.
- (2008) Stars in the hit play, Jersey Boys, as Tommy DeVito in the LaSalle Theatre in Chicago
- (2010) Played Freddie Trumper in Signature Theatre’s production of Chess
- (2010–2011) Starred as Dr. Fine/Dr. Madden in the first national tour of Next to Normal
- (2012) Understudied Jesus, Judas and Pontius Pilate on Broadway in Jesus Christ Superstar; now playing a priest
Jeremy Kushnier’s first CD, In Time (2002), is a celebration of relationships, life and love. Growing up, Jeremy’s influences ranged from The Beatles to Billy Joel. Loving the singer/song writer genre he quickly developed his own style of writing, ranging from light ballads to edgy rock and roll.
- Angel light
- The ride’s on me
- Brooklyn baby
- Your little tragedy
- In time
- Back away
- Here for you
- The smile in her eyes
Kushnier’s second album “Jeremy Kushnier” in 2006 (produced by Jonathan Dinklage) is a more grounded look at life through clearer glasses. This EP conceived and produced with his friend and musical director Jonathan Dinklage is an acoustic blend of rock and pop that gleans its inspiration from an era of analog tape and tube warmth. A time when one good take could make an album. This album was recorded with a group of musicians with the feel and talent to pull this inspiration together in a truly creative and original way. There is an honesty in this recording that keeps it grounded without taking itself too seriously. Jeremy’s writing continues to fuse his love of singer songwriters with his self-proclaimed pop addiction. From the moody Allison to the B52’s-esque Lullaby this follow up to his first release “In Time” is sure to leave you wanting more.
- The one about Drew
- “One Tree Hill” (one episode, 2006)
- Can’t Stop This Thing We’ve Started (2006) TV episode (performer: “Allison”)
- The Adulterer (2000) …. Aaron
- Article, The Standard, Hong Kong.
- ‘Full Monty’ guys reveal their talent, too.
- Broadway in Chicago presents Jersey Boys.
- Paice, Morton, Kushnier Lead Cast Of CHESS At Signature Theatre Thru 9/26, BroadwayWorld.com, April 21, 2010.
- Grandfather Films — The Adulterer page.